Thursday, May 24, 2012

Countdown

We've gained a lot of momentum the past few days. I used social media to solicit donations and the response was overwhelming. Jordan was also featured on the Nothing But Nets Web site, next to Mandi Moore, who she is outpacing. We have a newspaper article coming out. I have never been really good at self-promotion or sales (a major flaw in the business I'm in). However, with the altruistic angle of raising money for mosquito nets, it is easy to self-promote. Every time we update Jordan on the current tally, her eyes get wide. She is amazed at the support her network is giving her. We are humbled.
Everything is coming together so well and Jordan is very prepared. She'll do a little training in the Bay Sunday, but I won't be able to go down until later. We have a huge crew rallying to meet us on the beach. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little pressure, hoping everything goes perfectly. Thank you to everyone. I have been pretty good in the past about supporting things like this that people do. From now on, it is no questions asked-we'll support everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment